For the very best flavour use ripe Scottish tomatoes and make sure that you have reduced the sauce to a thick consistency before serving.
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC / gas mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion for 5 mins until it becomes translucent, add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato puree, wine and seasoning.
3. Bring the sauce to the boil and reduce the heat and cook the sauce uncovered for 20 mins until it has become thick. Add the parsley.
4. Put the hake in the oven proof dish and spoon the tomato sauce evenly over the cutlets. Sprinkle the dried breadcrumbs over the top.
5. Bake for 20-30 mins, basting the fish occasionally with the sauce, until the fish is tender and cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy.
6. Serve with steamed new potatoes and green beans.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.