Tasty and seasonal....
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180° C /gas mark 4. Cook the potatoes and turnip in a saucepan of salted boiling water until tender. Drain well and return to the pan.
2. Heat 50g of butter in a pan and gently cook the brussels sprouts for a few minutes until they are tender but still retaining their colour. Add the sprouts to the pan with the potatoes and turnip.
3. Add the remaining 25g butter and mash together using a potato masher. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Place the mashed vegetables into an ovenproof, lidded dish and top with the cheese. Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, then remove the lid and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes or until piping hot and golden-brown on top.
5. Heat a non stick pan, add a splash of oil then place the duck skin side down and cook for 4-5 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy, then turn over and seal other side for 2-3 minutes.
6. Place in a hot oven for 6-8 minutes. Arrange the duck and rumblethumps together on a plate and serve.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.