A lovely seasonal soup....
1. Preheat the oven to 1900C/ fan oven 1700C/ gas mark 5.
2. Put the onion, parsnips and carrots into a roasting tin and rub over the oil. Roast in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until softened and beginning to brown.
3. Put the vegetables into a large saucepan with the garlic, apple and potatoes. Add the stock and bring up to the boil.
4. Season carefully with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 15 - 20 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
5. Liquidise the soup and add the milk, adding more or less to achieve a consistency of thick cream.
6. Serve hot garnished with chopped chives.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.