Warming and delicious....
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Peel and chop the parsnips and celeriac for roasting. Place into a roasting tray, drizzle with a little vegetable oil and a pinch of pepper then place into a hot oven.
2. Roast for around 20-25 mins until they are a light golden colour and tender when pricked with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, place a heavy based pan onto a medium heat. Once heated add the vegetable oil. Sauté the shallots/ onions with a sprig of thyme and a bay leaf on a low heat for around 5 minutes, being careful not to let them burn.
4. Add the roasted vegetables and the boiled water along with a stock cube into the pan. Bring everything to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, remove the thyme sprig and bay leaf and use a hand held blender to whizz it up until smooth.
6. Serve in big bowls topped with a small dollop of low fat natural yoghurt and chopped parsley. Great served with crusty bread.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.