Delicious and in season....
1. Heat a large saucepan that has a lid and add a splash of oil. Flour the pieces of chicken, and add them to the pan to cook on a moderate heat. Once coloured, remove the chicken from the pan and put it to one side.
2. Wipe out the pan, add another drizzle of oil, then add the onions and cook without colouring them for 4-5 minutes, until they are softened. Add the garlic and cook it for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomato pureé and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock, bringing the sauce to the boil, then turn down the heat to a gentle simmer.
4. Add the chicken back to the pan, and place the lid on the pan. Either place the pan into a moderate oven at 160°C/gas mark 3, or leave it on a low hob until the chicken is cooked, which will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
5. Cook the rice as directed by the instructions on the pack.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, check the seasoning and finish with the coriander. Serve with the rice.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.