Yummy and in season....
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and the salt into a basin and rub in the margarine to give a granular texture.
2. Make a bay in the centre and mix in a sufficient amount of water to form the ingredients into a light smooth paste. Cover the paste and place in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.
3. To make the filling, line a buttered 20cm diameter flan ring with the pastry and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Garnish the bottom of the flan with the leeks, broccoli and cheese.
5. Whisk the eggs well, add the milk, and season with a pinch of salt and cayenne and nutmeg, mixing it together well.
6. Fill the flan to within 1-2cm from the rim. Bake in a moderate oven at 175°C/gas mark 4 for about 35 minutes so as to cook the pastry and set the filling, giving a light brown colour to the surface. To check the quiche is ready take a small knife and insert it into the middle of the quiche. The blade of the knife should come out clean. The quiche can be served either hot or cold.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.