The most romantic day of the year is fast approaching, and Scotland’s favourite draught excluder has found his very own Valentine.
Doug, star of the Scottish Government’s Home Energy Scotland advertising campaign and advocate for warmer homes, will now be keeping cosy with his new belle, fellow caterpillar and draught excluder Dora. It was love at first sight for the two draught excluders, with Dora immediately attracted to Doug’s bristly moustache and rugged good looks, and Doug falling for her doe eyes, framed by long eyelashes.
Like all couples, it helps to have a shared interest to keep the home fires burning. Dora shares Doug’s passion for keeping homes warm and well insulated.
As well as snuggling up to Doug, Dora is encouraging everyone to check out the Greener website for advice on keeping your home warm, or follow her tips on how to keep your home warm, throughout the whole year:
- Turning down your thermostat by just 1°C could cut your heating bill by up to 10%
- Having the correct loft insulation could save you up to £150 a year in heating costs
- Insulate your hot water tank to keep your water hot for longer
- Draught proof your rooms for an easy and cheap way to reduce heat loss – why not knit your very own draught excluder?
- Seal the gaps between floors and skirting boards to reduce draughts
- Upgrading your old boiler could cut your annual heating bill by up to 30%